Thursday, September 13, 2007

Top pick Oden out for season after knee surgery

Yep.

So let me say this now. I was going to write this blog this morning and didn't get to so I missed my chance to say Oden probably wouldn't play this season before the news came out. So, I'll just let my next prediction fly. Greg Oden will never play a full season in the NBA. If he plays a game, I'll be shocked. There I said it. That is my prediction. If you haven't seen the news here is a link.

You know the only way anyone with any real sense about basketball missed this is if they weren't paying attention. Everyone got so caught up in the hype they just threw out all the information about this kid staring them in the face. Like one of my friends, the one who called to let me know the news thus stealing my blog's thunder, said to me, "It's like they dated the hottest girl on campus -- the one with super grades, great parents, awesome in bed etcetera, and decided to ignore the fact she was HIV positive." This would describe not only the Portland Trailblazers, the NBA at large, but also everyone in the media and the whole sports universe. As the saying goes, "The emperor has no clothes and he's just flat out naked."

No comments: